When is ‘everything goes according to plan’ ever entertaining? Charlie Bull leads a team of guns up to 2,300ft in the Cumbrian fells to shoot drive grouse – but the weather has other ideas. He gets grumpy about that. And Roy Lupton gets a gold medal for grumpiness with David out stalking roebucks and muntjac in the South-East. At least we shoot birds and deer – and everyone else has a good time. Plus we have happy news from Norfolk: gamekeeper Steven Musk, who has won his appeal with DEFRA to get his gamebirds delivered. And we beat up the water companies with a Podcast interview with James Wallace of River Action. We are still giving away a Danum Blades custom knife priced at £325 and our new Poke Packham Auction page is out to raise money for the BBC TV presenter’s defamation case against us on 6 November 2023. David is on the news stump, and James Marchington brings out the best hunting videos on YouTube in Hunting YouTube. It’s all in this week’s #FieldsportsBritain
- Poke Packham Auctions page
- Viking Arms
- Donate to Fieldsports Channel’s bloomin’ lawyers PayPal.me/fieldsports
- Danum Blades + our film about Danum Blades on YouTube
- .410 Championship at EJ Churchill on 28 August 2023. Entries are £59. Call 01494 883227. Thanks to ASI which is donating ten free entries for under-15s who are accompanied by a paying adult. Please say if you would like to bring an under-15.
- Rovince 10% discount
- Firearms licensing consultation – respond online
- Had problems with newspapers over hunting or shooting?
- Packham case