Make your rifle perfect – Fieldtester, episode 12
We’re all about shooting sticks for shooting deer, extraction kit for hauling the carcase home, and a beginner’s guide to mounts. David hosts, Tim Pilbeam and Roy Lupton chat, and all three of them try a variety of modern shooting kit. It’s the new episode of Fieldtester – the Gadget Show for shooting sports. Meanwhile, James Marchington is off to the NSRA at Bisley to find out about batch-testing ammunition – how ammo manufacturer RWS makes sure you ammo is ‘of quality’.
Here is the kit showcased in this show:
- Spartan Sentinel, as used by Tim (comes with a fifth leg, too)
- Homemade quad sticks, as used by Roy
- Primos sticks, as used by Cai
- Viperflex sticks, as used by Jason
- Jakele sticks, as used by Charlie
- Tatonka backpack, as used by Cai. See our full film here
- Homemade trolleys, as used by Tim
- Logic timber hauler, as used by Niall
Batch testing ammo
- For more from RWS in the UK, go to RUAG.co.uk
- For the NSRA, visit NSRA.co.uk
Find out the difference between a Weaver mount and a Picatinny rail. We try out Tier 1, Burris and the Aimpoint Acro C-2 with the new QR mount for a Tikka T3x.