Fieldsports Channel recorded The Schools Challenge young shots initiative from 2009 to 2015. We are delighted that the UK’s premier young shots programme now runs its own YouTube channel. here are some of the films we made:
Infro about game shooting, vermin and pest control for under-18s in Britain
- You can have a shotgun certificate from the age of 2 (you need to find witnesses who have known you for two years)
- You can have a Firearm Certificate form the age of 14
- You can’t buy or hire any gun – shotgun, rifle or airgun – or buy ammunition under the age of 18.
- You can borrow a rifle from the landowner if you have a Firearm Certificate
- You can borrow a shotgun from anyone, if you have a shotgun certificate. If you are under the age of 15, you need to be supervised by someone aged 21 or over.
- You can borrow a sub 12ft/lb airgun if you are under the age of 14 and supervised by someone aged 21 or over
- You can borrow a sub 12ft/lb airgun when you are aged 14-18, without supervision provided you don’t fire the pellets beyond the boundaries